Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lord of the Red Sox 10, Close the Door

Over at Sons of Sam Horn, one person starts the "Game" thread and as long as the Sox keep winning it is considered good luck for that person to start the next game thread...until the Sox lose. A few of the other posters there asked me If I would start up the next Game thread. I was honored and gladly took up the challenge...with what I think is the worst of my Lord of the Red Sox stories.

I had this image in my head of Papelbon walking over to Gagne and just saying WTF Dude! Okajima had also become such a key member of this team, I had to add him to a story. So here it is...

Two games up on the Yanks...with Three to go.

Matchup...
MIN: K. Slowey (4-0, 4.57)
BOS: D. Matsuzaka (14-12, 4.48)


"The Lord of the Red Sox" Mojo presents...

Close the Door

Scene: Fenway Park Bullpen. Tito has called a meeting of the entire pitching staff.


Photobucket
Tito: We have to win two of the next three games to take the AL East. I know we can do it. I feel real real good about our chances. So here is the game plan. Dice, I just need 6 strong innings out of you..no more, no less.


Photobucket
DiceK: I can do that.


Photobucket
Tito: Okie, I’m gonna need you to lock down the 7th for us.


Photobucket
Okie-Jima: Yep.


Photobucket
Tito: Gagne, the 8th is yours.


Photobucket
Gagne: Yes Master, Precious will do as you ask.


Photobucket
Tito: Paps you will wrap it up for us.


Photobucket
Papelbon: Can do Chief.


Photobucket
Tito: Ok lets do it…

(As everyone is leaving…)

Photobucket
Papelbon: Hey Gagne, got a second.

(As Gagne comes over, Paps grabs him and slams him against a wall)

Photobucket
Papelbon: I don't know what's gotten into your head. But we need you to come through for us tonight.


Photobucket
Papelbon: If you screw this thing up tonight. I'm gonna show you first hand what we did to the gators that stumbled into the bullpen back in Louisaina. Are we clear?


Photobucket
Gagne: Yesss, Precious would never do anything to hurt the Red Sox.


Photobucket
Papelbon: Good, now lets WIN this freakin thing!

(and they did)

No comments: