Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lord of the Red Sox 7, The King of Fenway

The Red Sox kept winning games so "The Lord of the Red Sox" post I was making became a sort of "Mojo" over in the Sons of Sam Horn Sandbox. I had to keep posting. It was Schilling's turn to pitch, so it was time to introduce him as Theoden. Schilling was also coming back from some down time mid summer, after that awesome 1 hitter against Oakland. As chance would have it his opponent this night would be Oakland again...whose mascot is an elephant, which I had to tie into the story. Grima Wormtounge also had been cast...

"Lord of the Red Sox" mojo presents...

The King of Fenway

Scene: Looking to get Schilling’s pitching back on track for the playoffs, Varitek, Lowell, Lugo and BigPapi walk out to the bullpen. When they arrive they find Schilling looking out of shape and not in his uniform, with a dark figure by his side.

Photobucket
Clemens: My friend, Varitek the Captain is coming. He is a herald of woe.


Photobucket
Tek: The velocity of your fastball is somewhat lessened of late, Schilling the Blogger.


Photobucket
Clemens: He is not welcome here.


Photobucket
Schilling: Why should I welcome you Varitek Pitch-caller?


Photobucket
Clemens: A Just question my friend. Late is the time in the season when this group comes for your aid. Career enders I call them. Save your arm for seasons to come…


Photobucket
Tek: Be silent! Keep your slick tounge behind your teeth. I have not fought through a broken elbow and a hitting slump to bandy crooked words with a Texas Conman. I saw you pitch in the World Baseball classic…you have nothing left in your arm and only poisonous words spew from your lips.


Photobucket
Clemens: Curt, I’ve only ever thought of you. I turned your career around. I taught you the split finger fastball. If you listen to me and save your arm, you can pitch 4 or 5 more years just like me.


Photobucket
BigPapi: Didn’t I see Manny take you yard at the 2004 All-Star game...In your Home park? Didn’t you give up 6 runs in the first inning, in a game they were giving you some lifetime award for being a great pitcher? I’d be quiet if I were you.


Photobucket
Tek: Free your mind from the web of lies Clemens has spread. Help lead Red Sox Nation to another world series. Your path back to greatness is on the mound in Fenway.


Photobucket
Schilling: (takes a deep breath and the glossy look leaves his eyes)


Photobucket
Schilling: Begone from here Clemens Fork-tounge!


Lowell and Lugo grab Clemens and throw him out of Fenway.

Photobucket
Lowell: One, Two, Three…Heave!


Photobucket
Clemens: EEEEEeeeeeee!


Photobucket
Lugo: Damn, that fat bastard was heavy!


Photobucket
Tek: You would remember your old strength if you put on your uniform.


Schilling gets dressed.

Photobucket
Schilling: So who am I pitching against tonight?


Photobucket
Oakland Athletics: EEeRungh!!!


Photobucket
Schilling: The Arm of Great38 will pitch one last time in Fenway before the playoffs….and we shall WIN!

No comments: